Re: [STDS-802-16] RevCom Report regarding P802.16Rev2 and P802.16j

Dear Roger, all,

Thank you very much for the good news, for which we've been waiting long.

Thanks are also due to all 16 members who contributed to the j-drafting.
Let's toast in Cairo!

Mitsuo at Narita airport

p.s. we need to have the members' one more look, that is, by double-checking the standard draft once becomes ready.

At today's meeting, RevCom has unanimously agreed to recommend:

(a) that P802.16Rev2/D9a be approved
(b) that P802.16Revj/D9 be approved, conditional on the approval of P802.16Rev2/D9a

The final decision on these recommendation lies with the IEEE-SA Standards Board, which will consider them in an electronic ballot. The results should be final around mid-May. We plan for publication to follow soon thereafter.

Note that the revision stands to be published as IEEE Std 802.16-2009, which would then be amended by IEEE Std 802.16j-2009. The following would all become superseded:

IEEE Std 802.16-2004, as amended by:
IEEE Std 802.16-2004/Cor1-2005
IEEE Std 802.16e-2005
IEEE Std 802.16f-2005 IEEE Std 802.16g-2007

Congratulations to the Working Group and thanks to the hard-working participants in the Maintenance and Relay Task Groups!

Roger