From: ext Kenneth Stanwood [mailto:kstanwood@KLSWIRELESS.COM]
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 7:41 PM
To: STDS-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [STDS-802-16]

I completely agree with Brian.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kiernan, Brian G <Brian.Kiernan@INTERDIGITAL.COM>
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 9:55 AM
To: STDS-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG <STDS-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>

Local Routing has no real advantage unless the bulk of the traffic is
local.  Before you start trying to solve the technical issues, I suggest
you determine if it really is worth solving.  Most of the cellular
carriers have found out over the years that local routing is a solution
looking for a problem, as relatively little mobile traffic is local
(e.g, within the same coverage area).