Re: [STDS-802-16] [802.16p][DEV-RG] - Email Discussion on M2Mdevice identification

Dear all,

Although we postponed our decision on the addressing space for the active devices, I believe the group still agrees that 16p shall support “larger number of devices”, no matter these devices are in active mode or idle mode. Regarding to the item 3 in CC-2 minute, I think we definitely need some proposed text in AWD to address the requirements in SRD.

Regarding to the shared-STID scheme, please allow me emphasizing again the benefits: By letting multiple M2M devices share the same STID, we are able to increase the capacity of M2M devices in active mode, while having no impact to the original human devices, and bringing only minor changes to the existing standard. No matter we decide to enlarge the current addressing space or not, employing this scheme always has the benefit to further increase the capacity. Therefore, I would like to ask members if we can agree on the high-level text regarding to the concept, and then develop the detailed procedures in future stages. The following is the high-level text I suggest. Please kindly share your thoughts about it.

16.2.1 Addressing

16.2.1.2 Logical Identifiers

16.2.1.2.1 Station Identifier (STID)

Multiple M2M devices are allowed to share the same STID. The sharing scheme is FFS.

16.2.1.2.2 Flow Identifier (FID)

In case that a STID is shared by multiple M2M devices, these M2M devices shall be coordinated so that each device can obtain its own unique transport FIDs.

Best Regards,

Ming-Hung