Dear EC and RR-TAG,
A further reminder of the call on Monday to review and, hopefully approve, documents 18-12-0030-03 and 18-12-0030-04. As it stands now this may be the only way IEEE 802 will be able to submit anything to ITU-R WP1A and their work on Smart Grid. Of course it is still possible that at the wireless interim in Atlanta a further input could be developed.
While this input does not describe an outline of what IEEE 802 would see as an answer to Question ITU-R 236/1 (Doc. 18-12-0025 in Mentor) at least it would show that IEEE 802 has an interest in that work.
I would encourage all of my EC wireless colleagues to participate. Of course the remainder of the EC is invited. I expect that the final solution to Smart Grid will include much beyond wireless.
Glad to discuss.
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 8:18 PM
'; Salazar, Ruben
Cc: John Notor
Subject: IEEE 802.18 Conference Call - April 23rd
The RR-TAG (IEEE 802.18) will hold a conference call on April 23rd at 10:30 a.m. CDT. The purpose of the call will be to review and, hopefully approve, two documents. If they are approved they will then be submitted to the EC for a ten day email ballot.
As you may recall one of the documents presented by 802.18 to the closing EC meeting in March was withdrawn. One of the primary reasons was who was this contribution being sent to. Since that time there has been work to clarify the intent of that document (18-12-0030).
The agenda for them meeting is quite short and only has the following two documents for consideration. They will be reviewed and, if approved by the RR-TAG, I will request that Paul allow me to run a 10 day EC email ballot. Both are available on the IEEE 802.18 Mentor web site - https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/documents
1) 18-12-0030 -03 - this version is, as the editor's note indicates, meant to be submitted to the FCC and encourages them to identify TVWS spectrum for use by license-exempt devices. This is within the Commission's mandate.
2) 18-12-0030-04 - this version is, as the editor's note indicates, meant to be submitted to ITU-R WP1A. WP1A has the lead role in developing a recommendation or report in response to Question ITU-R 236/1. The question itself is available on the IEEE 802.18 web site as 18-12-0025-00. This contribution is meant to provide information for WP1A as it develops an ITU-R Recommendation or Report in response to that question. It will also be sent to the other ITU-R groups listed as supporting that work.
The call details are as follows:
Time: 10:30 a.m. US CDT
Date: April 23, 2012
Password: 627 820 1954
The agenda for the call is:
1) Attendance and approval of the agenda. Please send John Notor (firstname.lastname@example.org
>) and myself (email@example.com
>) an email to confirm your attendance.
2) IEEE patent policy announcement - http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/pat-slideset.pdf
3) 18-12-0030-03 - IEEE 802 Comments Supporting License-Exempt Usage of TV Band White Spaces..(FCC)
4) 18-12-0030-04 - IEEE 802 Comments Supporting License-Exempt Usage of TV Band White Spaces. (ITU-R)
5) Any other business.
Chair, IEEE 802.18 Radio Regulatory Technical Advisory Group
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.