stds-802-handoff: Welcome to the new 802 Handoff Reflector

Folks,

Welcome to the new 802 Handoff Reflector. I have subscribed you
because you participated in the 11 November 802 Handoff Tutorial, or
at your request following the CFI (where approximately 15 people out
of the 50 present raised their hand to signify that they wanted to
pursue this topic at greater length).

On 15 November, I reported to the 802 SEC on the tutorial and CFI. I
mentioned that there was significant interest and that I plan to
coordinate a more formal CFI for the March 2003 802 meeting. At that
meeting, I think it would be a good idea to propose an 802 Handoff
Study Group.

I'm sure that many of you have something to say on this topic. The
reflector (and reflector archive) will be good venue for discussions
on how this will come together.

Regards,

Roger

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 WG on Broadband Wireless Access <http://WirelessMAN.org>
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO, USA
tel: +1 303 497 3037   fax: +1 509 756 2642