[802.19] Typical EIRP Values

All,

I am starting to look into the energy detection technique used in 11y and 16h and I would like to agree some typical parameters.  I am not that familiar with the usage models but I know the FCC limits.  So I thought I would suggest some numbers for fixed and portable EIRP values and solicit feedback on those numbers.  Below is my brief argument for the values I am suggesting that could be used in simulations and analysis.  I would ask members of 11y and 16h to give me feedback on the choice of these numbers.  I suggested numbers for 20 MHz. I did not suggest any numbers for 5 and 10 MHz.

Typical EIRP Values

Consider the 20 MHz Case

Fixed Station EIRP

For fixed stations the maximum permitted EIRP is 1 watt per MHz.  For a 20 MHz system this gives 33 dBm.  However, the full 20 MHz spectrum is not used.

Suggested typical value of 30 dBm EIRP for fixed stations

Portable Station EIRP

For a portable station the maximum permitted EIRP is 40 wm per MHz.  For a 20 MHz system this gives 29 dBm.  However, the full 20 MHz of spectrum is not used and this is a high power level for a portable device which is battery operated.  So I would suggest the typical value is much lower

Suggested typical value of 20 dBm EIRP for portable stations

Regards,

Steve