[802.19] FW: Next 802.19 call > Thursday August 9

Here is the updated document from Paul along with his notes from the San Francisco meeting.

Steve

From: Paul Piggin [mailto:ppiggin@nextwave.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:25 AM
To: Shellhammer, Steve
Subject: RE: Next 802.19 call > Thursday August 9

Hi Steve,

As promised I have attached an r5 of the simulation parameters document for discussion on tomorrow’s 802.19 call. I have also included the list of issues I addressed in order to reach r5. These were the comments during the f2f meeting and the comments that we agreed on to get to the baseline version.

Please let me know if you have any questions/comments. Talk tomorrow.

Many thanks,

Paul.

~ ~ ~

Notes from r4->r5

CCA reference point after the antenna – at the baseband.

Max. radius of 10km – check this. Perhaps it should be described as a ‘typical’ value.

90% ‘area’ coverage.

Beamwidth for the different antennas at the 3dB point. Include front-to-back ratio (25-30dB)

Included fixed directional antennas for indoor and outdoor – 8 -18dBi

Cabling loss 3 -> 1dB

Revise the 802.11 model for the NF+IM values – note that they are not 0dB but included in the sensitivity numbers.

‘Max.’ EIRP values. Based on TPC being implemented.

State in the scenarios where the different values of aPropagationTime are applicable and what they are.

Redo max range for SUI model + other 802.19 values.

Suggest looking at simulations for the AC_VO and AC_BE scenarios

CCA-ED no higher than -72/-75/-78dBm. This the min. sensitivity.

Add description of UCP at the beginning of that section.

Note – link adaptation is left for feature specification. Describe my scheme. Do we need a margin? 2dB?

802.16 – state that the CCA-ED values are the same as 802.11 in that this is the least sensitive value.

10dB interference issues – MCS selection, what is the rationale? The 10dB number is big interference. Perhaps 5/7dB. Based on MCS…

Check with Eldad that the SS/MS count is 10.

What about 802.11 TPC? How is this implemented and how will it impact the simulation?

Describe the differences in the 802.16/802.11 TPC schemes.

Open issues: A Network assumptions document, link adaptation proposals, scenarios, what are the outputs?

CCA is an OFDM symbol for 802.11 - 4/8/16us.