[802.19] FW: 40MHz 802.11n Bluetooth Sim Pamameters

From: Benjamin A. Rolfe [mailto:ben@blindcreek.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:40 PM
To: Shellhammer, Steve
Subject: Fw: 40MHz 802.11n Bluetooth Sim Pamameters

I got a "rejected" message from the server posting to the 19 list...if you think it is appropriate to post there, could you forward?

tnx.

-Ben

A couple questions for the group:

- I think it would be a good idea to add usage models:

1. The VoIP via the internet model. The user has a BT headset, using a laptop PC to Skype over the internet, while at the same time (in user time frame) browsing the web, transferring files and so on.  In this  scenario the STA is much closer to one end of the BT link (10cm or less).  Since I know this can be done with 11g and BT without one saturating the other, I feel this is a realistic scenario for 11n - make sense?

2. Streaming video and BT sound: The user is streaming video to his personal media device and listening via a hifi stereo BT headset.   Same thing - two ends of the 11n and BT links are very close.

- would it make sense to have a less than full duty cycle scenario for 11n.  For the "internet user" scenario, I suspect the 11n duty cycle would be quite a bit less than the maximum, because of the backbone access bottle nck. So if I assume a bottle neck of 6Mbps what would be a reasonable duty cycle?

- For the 11n guys: with maximum payload transfer rate, what is the effective on-air duty cycle for 11n at full speed (considering necessary IFSes, average back-offs, etc.)?  What would be reasonable for the 6Mbps bottle neck scenario?

- For the BT guys, what is expected on-air duty cycle for Bluetooth (a) normal voice and (b) HiFi sound?

If I get some input, I can write up the scenarios.

-Ben