Re: [802.19] Definition of Coexistence

For an ISM band, perhaps the definition should be in terms of equal sharing of the medium between different systems.  The systems and applications should be tolerant of the medium being shared.

Regards,

Eldad

From: Shellhammer, Steve [mailto:sshellha@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 10:35 AM
To: STDS-802-19@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.19] Definition of Coexistence

Craig,

            I would say it is not so much as a “minimal” impact but a “tolerable” impact.  The 802.15.2 definition is targeted at that level, since it says that the application can still perform its task.  Another way of saying it, is that the QoS performance meets an acceptable level of performance.

            Thanks for commenting.

Steve