Re: [802.19] Minutes for meeting on 31/03/2009

All:

I have a couple of comments on the minutes from March 31st.

Near the bottom of page 3 there is mention of “…possible interaction with FCC”.  Keep in mind that any IEEE 802 wireless interaction with the FCC must go through 802.18.

Also near the bottom of page 3 it says ”… we should follow the deveoplement [sic] of FCC and provide comments to FCC if possible.” The 15-day comment period opened on Monday, April 13th, and runs through the 28th.  Even if the comments of this group did not have to go through 802.18, there is very little time remaining.  The next meeting of 802.18 is in Montreal, during the May Interim, long after the close of the comment period.

Rich Kennedy

Standards Manager

Research In Motion

rikennedy@xxxxxxx