Re: [802.19] TVWS Coexistence Plan

Sorry, wrote the wrong date, comments for the noi Broadband is due july 8, comments due on the TVWS see Mike Lynch’s email…
Nancy

From: whitespace@xxxxxxxx [mailto:whitespace@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mariana Goldhamer
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 5:26 AM
To: Shellhammer, Steve; stds-802-19@xxxxxxxx; WHITESPACE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: TVWS Coexistence Plan

Steve, ALL,

The poll clearly shows that most of the people prefer to limit the TVWS Coexistence deliverables to Coexistence scenarios. The poll also shows enough interest in other topics for keeping them on the list.

I do not think that the Coexistence scenarios only will help EC to make significant progress in understanding the cross-802 activities related to TVWS. This document may only show the need for a cross-802 activity, but there will be no hints about what such an activity should include and which the obstacles to be addressed by EC are. With other words, there will be no much progress relative to March situation, when one of the tutorials also addressed coexistence scenarios extensively.

My suggestion is to keep the deliverables open for contributions, while taking some phased approach, as initially proposed by you. It is logical to address the scenarios first. But when this document will be in a mature state, if there will be contributions to anyone of the documents on your deliverable list, the contributions should be accepted and harmonized using the regular SG procedures. Based on this, it may be derived a plan for providing the other deliverables.

Regards,

Mariana