From: Jari Junell [mailto:jari.junell@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:47 PM
To: STDS-802-19@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.19] Background information for Wednesday telco 2012-11-28

Hi all members of 802.19.1,

The purpose of this email is to give some background information about a topic I would like to get discussed in our Wednesday telco. The topic is radio environment information which represents operating environment of a WSO to which a CE is interfaced. Each CM shall form and maintain radio environment information for each CE it serves. A CM shall share this information with another CM when there is coexistence set relationship between CEs they serve. Additionally, a CM shall make this information available for a CE which is subscribed to the information service.

The draft DF3.02 has some parts of the radio environment information specified but there are some errors and holes in it.

After decisions made in San Antonio a few weeks ago a CM has means to both obtain and provide coexistence set element information. The former uses “CoexistenceSetInformationResponse” message while the latter uses “CoexistenceSetInformationAnnouncement” message. The structure is very similar and the intent is to have the same information shared between CMs with these two procedures and messages.

The problem is in the content of the messages. The messages are the way to share the radio environment information but currently they don’t allow it. Only a part of the information which should be shared is available. Message and data type definitions need to be updated.

With respect to information exchange over the interface B1 between a CE and a CM, also there are some errors related to sharing radio environment information. Currently this type of information is passed by a CE to a CM while it should be carried in the opposite direction. The message content is broken as well in a similar manner to the CM-to-CM interface. More on that in general terms in the following…

We believe radio environment information needs to contain following information for each CE

・         Basic information of the CE

・         CE’s coexistence set and information about coexistence set elements (CSEs)

・         “Unknown” WSOs

o   Information about WSOs whose transmissions have been detected and thus should be in the coexistence set but since they are not using the 802.19.1 system they are not visible through the coexistence system

・         Unoccupied frequency ranges which belong to available and capable frequencies of the WSO which is interfaced to the CE

・         Frequency ranges with unknown status

By this information a CM is able to make decisions on resources to the CE it serves and to its environment. The proposal for “CoexistenceSetElementInformationAnnouncement” is shown in document 12/0199r1 page 9 and data types in pages 26-27. The same structure is applied to “CoexistenceSetElementInformationRresponse”, “CoexistenceReportResponse” and “CoexistenceReportAnnouncement”.

RadioEnvironmentInformation data type sent from CM to CE is replaced by this information.

BR,

Jari