Re: [802.19] More changes

G’day Roger

In line in red

Andrew

From: Roger Marks [mailto:r.b.marks@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 10 August 2015 9:34 AM
To: Andrew Myles (amyles); STDS-802-19@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.19] More changes

I have a few additional comments that can be discussed on the call:

Slide 7 says: "3GPP TR 36.889 concludes that a Category 4 LBT
scheme is the best way to ensure fair coexistence(with Wi-Fi), at least for downlink (DL) access." This statement is not quite accurate. The closest I see in 36.889 is "It is recommended that a Category 4 LBT mechanism is the baseline at least for LAA DL transmission bursts containing PDSCH." An approximate version, suitable for the presentation, could be: "3GPP TR 36.889 recommends a Category 4 LBT mechanism for downlink (DL) data".

How about?

3GPP TR 36.889 recommends a Category 4 LBT mechanism, with many similarities to 802.11, for downlink (DL) data based on work undertaken by 3GPP during the first half of 2015

Slide 16 refers to "forcing LAA to use similar timing parameters to 802.11". "Forcing" is a poor choice of wording here, since it hints at aggression. Better would be "specifying LAA with timing parameters similar to those of 802.11..."

Done

Slide 37: We could add a bullet suggesting a cooperative collaboration: "In the future, it may be possible to reciprocally specify in LAA and 802.11 standards a mechanism for each to interact with collision avoidance mechanisms specified in the other standard."

I agree, but am struggling to find space or exactly the right place for this idea. Would you object to leaving it out for the moment? I could mention this concept as part of the summary on slide 41

Roger

August 9, 2015 at 5:01 PM

G’day Steve

Andrew