Re: [802.19] Final candidate document for 3GPP LAA Workshop

Thanks Andrew for all of your work integrating these slides, looks great!

Woon-Hau,

Regarding the CoX testbed slides, this is good feedback, here are a few thoughts:

> As for the testbed slides, it may be a tad early to present this.

I think these slides are well timed for a few reasons:
1) LTE-LAA has an incentive to demonstrate that their CoX mechanisms work ASAP.

There was a strongly worded letter from the FCC regarding LTE -U published on Aug 5th (http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/comment/view?id=60001096908). There is also increasing pressure from industry groups to work on this issue, which will likely be part of the workshop. Judging by how LTE-U proceeded, I expect it is already on the LTE-LAA timeline to publish data on LTE-LAA/Wi-Fi interactions with real devices. Their data will be stronger if they leverage 802's expertise, which is why I think 802.19 should help lead that discussion.

2) We may not have another opportunity
The LTE-LAA standard will be defined in December, and since it can potentially threaten 802.11 I think it makes sense to be proactive about suggesting ways in which 3GPP can be invited to continue to work with us.

> The whole presentation has a message of "Let's work together on LAA", while the testbed slides are on what to do AFTER they've agreed to work with us

Andrew has done a great job with his messaging of collaboration, and my intention is to continue that theme with these slides. To roughly quote Andrew here, collaboration is more than just being invited to a workshop, it's a more involved conversation with a common goal of moving the discussion forward. These slides represent a path to move the groups towards this collaboration; that being said, they may not accept this proposal but it shows that we are thinking about it.

I look forward to discussing this more on the call.

Thank you,
Ben Lampert
Sr. Engineer
octoScope