[802.19] Status of proposed liaison from IEEE 802 to 3GPP related to the LAA specification.

G’day all

I have created a clean version (almost) of the proposed liaison from IEEE 802 to 3GPP containing various comments and requests in relation to the LAA specification. See https://mentor.ieee.org/802.19/dcn/16/19-16-0037-07-0000-laa-comments.docx.

It contains the outcome of the all the discussions held in Atlanta and on Monday and Tuesday this week in Macau, with a couple of exceptions.

·         Clause 3.2 contains some text written by Matt Fischer as a result of the action we gave Vinko Erceg yesterday

·         Clause 5 has a comment attached from Vinko that responds to the discussion related to multi-channel aggregation

I propose we spend a few minutes closing out these items and then consider a motion recommending to the IEEE 802 EC that the document be liaised to 3GPP as our response to their invitation to comment on the LAA specification. I note that it important we approve this motion today to meet the deadline imposed by the 3GPP RAN Chair when  committed to responding to any IEEE 802 comments.

Proposed motion:

The IEEE 802.19 WG recommends to the IEEE 802 EC that document 19-16-0037rX  be liaised to 3GPP RAN and 3GPP RAN1 (with any necessary editorial changes) as IEEE 802’s response to the invitation from the 3GPP RAN Chair for IEEE 802 to comment on the LAA specification.

Moved: Myles

Seconded:

I would like to thank all the participants of the IEEE 802.19 WG for contributing to this liaison. The discussion helped educate us all and develop a much better liaison proposal. While not everyone agrees with every comment or request in the document, I hope everyone recognises the material as vital to establishing and maintaining a productive working relationship with 3GPP RAN and 3GPP RAN1. The comments from IEEE 802 will hopefully help improve LAA/802.11 coexistence and the expected response will promote better understanding of LAA by the 802.11 community.

Andrew Myles

http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/logo05.jpg

Andrew Myles
Manager, Enterprise Standards