From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul Nikolich
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 8:02 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802SEC] NYC Letter on Wi-Fi and LTE-Unlicensed

Dear EC Members,

Please circulate the attached letter from NYC your groups as you feel appropriate.  Personally, I am happy to see the representatives of a large user base such as NYC publicly support the integration of 802.11 based technology into their wireless broadband access plans and, perhaps even more importantly, the need for robust coexistence across technologies operating in the licensed-exempt bands.

I will not be able to attend the upcoming May wireless interim session, but I would like the 802.19 Coexistence WG to consider crafting a response to the NYC letter for approval by the 802 EC.  Furthermore, I'd like the 802.19 WG to consider preparing a liaison to the WFA which invites them to share as much information as possible on their coexistence testing programs at the July plenary session.

Regards,

--Paul