Re: [802.19] Fwd: Screen shots showing 5 GHz Wi-FI RSSI in 802.18room

Billy:

Unfortunately, trying to get the powerhouse Wi-Fi industry to develop what we both know is an impossible coexistence scheme to protect another Part 15 technology, which regulation does not require them to protect, is a fools errand in IEEE 802. Even if the standard development were blocked by 802, the industry would take what they already have now and market it. They could use Wi-Fi Alliance to do the standardization.

The UWB industry has to recognize the problems this will create and bring it to regulators. It may not be a long-term win, but it could delay the inevitable, and force regulators to provide some sort of relief.

Rich Kennedy
President & Chief Regulatory Officer
Unlicensed Spectrum Advocates

rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx