[802.19] 802.11ax revised CAD

Hello 802.19 voters:
The 802.11ax is currently out for ballot, following updates based on the project scope change. I've reviewed it and submitted comments. With the change in project scope to include bands above 6 GHz, the CAD no longer meets the requirements stated in the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual (clause 12) "The CA document shall address coexistence with all relevant approved IEEE 802 LMSC wireless standards specifying devices for unlicensed operation." 802.15.4 defines wireless licensed exempt operation in the 6 to 10 GHz range (HRP and LRP UWB PHYs). The updates to the CAD have not address the impacts with 802.15.4 UWB based services.

Thus I am asking for a vote to disapprove the CAD and ask 802.11 WG to update it to meet the LMSC requirements.  I have submitted comments to assist the 802.11 WG in completing the CAD.  Below is a summary of the issues I've identified in submitted comments for those who are interested.

Thank you for your consideration.
Best Regards
Benjamin Rolfe (affiliation: Blind Creek Associates, UWB Alliance)

===  details ===
Summary of comments on the 802.11ax Coexistence Assurance Document (B. Rolfe) - CAD assumes that the coexistence characteristics of 802.11ax are the same as legacy 802.11 OFDM,  addressing only where new features would differ, however with the expansion of the channel plans into bands previously not specified, the 'just like' assumption is no longer true.  The move into 6 GHz to 10 GHz is new. - The CAD does not discuss coexistence considerations in other than the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.  In Clause 2 it explicitly says "Therefore 802.11ax will be an enhancement to 802.11n in 2.4 GHz and 802.11ac in 5 GHz" which was accurate with the original project scope but is not with the current project scope. - I am asking that the CAD include analysis of coexistence with services based on  802.15.4 using the LRP and HRP UWB PHYs in all bands where 802.11ax and 802.15.4 UWB PHYs overlap. - The CAD states that CCA (and CSMA) are the primary coexistence mechanisms in 802.11. It does not describe how CCA will (or will not) work with services based on  802.15.4 using the LRP and HRP UWB PHYs. I am asking that analysis is provided on CCA as a coexistence mechanism with UWB systems. - I am aware that there has been considerable work done by 802.11 WG members on coexistence with 3GPP.  None of this good work is used or referenced in the CAD; This would be good content for the CAD. Note the LMSC Operations Manual says "The WG should consider other specifications in their identified target band(s) in the CA document", and the work on coexistence with LTE based services would fall under this recommendation.