Re: [802.19] URGENT: No vote on 11ax CAD

After reconsideration and another review of the document, I changed my vote to DISAPPROVE.

I am in agreement with the points raised by Bob and Billy.  I found a few more which I  have submitted also.

Several of the technical flaws noted in the last ballot remain and there is a lot missing. While this is greatly improved and I do applaud the TG for the effort, it still contains necessarily inflammatory language which is counter to the purpose of the 802 CA process. In particular the statement "The 3-4 and 3-6 and the 3-13 ultra-wideband (low power spectral density) systems operate beneath the noise floor of systems operating in the 6 GHz band, and are generally required by regulation to accept all interferers. " changed my mind.

This is just flat out offensive and misleading. It is part of an statement in Part 15 that applies to ALL licensed exempt systems (including 802.11).  This particular skewed characterization of part 15 rules is incomplete - in the same sentence it also states licensed exempt systems should not cause harmful interference to any other systems also.  In other words, the FCC Left it to industry and standards development organizations to figure out how to coexist. Which is what we're trying to do here.  At least with a CAD we are trying to understand the coexistence impacts, if not how to actually coexist.

FWIW

Ben