[STDS-802-24] Fwd: Smart Grid talk?

Hi All,
Anyone will be in the DC area for Jan 25 that has interest in talking about communication and networking for the Smart Grid?

Bill

I hope you and your family enjoyed a happy holiday.

Have you been able to determine if there is someone available whom I can contact to provide our luncheon presentation?  The new year is rapidly approaching and our group normally announces the topic for our luncheon talk on the web a few weeks in advance.  In the event that no one is available, I've got to look for a fallback asap.

Again thanks for your time and consideration, and happy new year,
Ron

Bill

I’m the Program Coordinator for the Association of Federal Communications Consulting Engineers ( AFCCE ).   Our organization is looking for an engineer, who is local to the DC/Metro area, to provide a technical presentation on an overview and status of the Smart Grid System.  I’m trying to locate a speaker for our next luncheon meeting scheduled for 25 Jan. 2013 ( Friday ).   I’m hoping that you may be able to provide the email address and/or telephone number of a couple individuals that I could then contact to see if they would be interested in providing this talk.

Our luncheon meetings, which generally involve 30 to 40 individuals, are held at the Holiday Inn at Key Bridge ( two blocks from the Rosslyn Metro Station ).  Individuals arrive at the luncheon around 11:30 AM for drinks and social interaction, lunch is served at 12:15, with the presentation provided to the group after lunch.  The talks are rather informal and flexible on time ( generally around 45 min in length ), and we will have the basic equipment available (projector, screen, laptop, etc).  Usually, a presenter will bring a laptop, or a thumb drive with the presentation, but we can work with any special requirements that may arise.  Of course, the presenter and a guest, if he chooses to bring one, will enjoy the lunch on us, and the social interaction with many leading engineers in the broadcast community.

Please note that our members consist primarily of professional engineers who will welcome and appreciate the technical nature of this subject ( especially the communication and networking aspects being considered for Smart Grid ).

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Ron Chase

PS  More information about AFCCE is located at:   www.afcce.org

--
Regards
Bill Ash, PMP

IEEE. Fostering technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.