[802.3_10SPE] updated website, straw polls and update on motion preparation

I have updated the website with our straw polls from today, and the updated objectives presentation (01c).  I am also preparing motions for tomorrow, based on our straw polls.

Based on those polls, I am preparing motions for adopting objectives #9-13, objectives for BER, the proposed modifications to our PAR scope and stakeholders, and 2 versions of the powering objective.

One version is the ‘general powering’ in the Zimmerman_10SPE_01c_1116.pdf objectives deck:

“Move to adopt the following objective: Specify one or more optional power distribution techniques for use over the 10 Mb/s single balanced twisted-pair link segments, in conjunction with 10 Mb/s single balanced twisted-pair PHYs”

This received a favorable straw poll; however, the second is one being worked to address the issues we had when discussing “objective 14” (voltage and power levels), and as is currently discussed, would reword the powering objective to include reference to automotive and industrial environments, as:

“Move to adopt the following objective: Specify one or more optional power distribution techniques for use over the 10 Mb/s single balanced twisted-pair link segments, in conjunction with 10 Mb/s single balanced twisted-pair PHYs, in the automotive and industrial environments”

I would offer this version first, and, if adopted, there is no need to offer the version we polled today.

If you would like to help work this objective and/or have thoughts on it, please respond to the reflector, or contact Peter Jones, David Brandt, Mick McCarthy and/or Steffen Graber.

And, of course, if you have motions to offer tomorrow, please email me so that we can have them prepared to present to the group.  You may either email me directly, or to the reflector.

-george

George A. Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal Consultant

CME Consulting, Inc.

Experts in PHYsical Layer Communications

1-310-920-3860

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx