IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards
IEEE 802 2016 Student Paper Contest
IEEE 802 and the IEEE Standards Education Committee
sponsored a Student Paper Competition with cash prizes, travel
grants and an opportuntity to present the paper at the IEEE 802
Plenary meeting in San Diego on 26 July 2016.
A panel of judges with representatives from the 802 LMSC and the
IEEE Standards Education Committee (SEC) has awarded the top
prize to Ethiopian student Meareg Abreha Hailemariam, who
attends Addis Ababa University (AAU) in Ethiopia’s capital
city. Abreha’s paper, entitled
"History and Implementation of the
IEEE 802 Security Architecture".
- 15 March 2016: Papers need to be submittted by
email by 3 pm EDT
- April 2016: Results of the contest will be posted
to the IEEE 802 website
(www.ieee802.org) and winners
will be notified by email.
- 26 July 2016: Winning papers will be presented at
the IEEE 802 Plenary meeting in downtown San Diego.
Student Paper Submissions should highlight interesting and
innovative 802 applications in the following areas:
- Future network technologies for social good
- History and implementation of IEEE 802 security architecture
- Spectrum sharing and regulation
- IEEE 802 standards for TV Whitespace
- Application of IEEE 802 standards in Distributed Energy
Resource Management Systems (DERMS)
- Application of IEEE 802 standards in Field Area Networks and Field
- How IEEE 802 standards can be used to advance technology for humanity
- Historical overview of IEEE 802 standards
- Compare similar or competing IEEE 802 technologies
- Using IEEE 802 standards to satisfy new applications
October 27, 2016
This page is maintained by
It has been designed to be compliant with HTML 3.2 and
above and should work with all compliant browsers.
Privacy & Opting Out of Cookies