30 day preview PARs for 802.3

Colleagues of the 802 Exec-

As you know, 802.3 has 2 active Study Groups:
	Higher Speed Study Group (HSSG)
		Topic: 10 Gb/s Ethernet

	DTE Power via MDI
		Topic: Network Power for end stations via the RJ-45

At the 802.3 Interim Meeting Series in York, England each of the study
groups drafted a PAR and responses to the 5 Criteria for action at the
November Plenary in anticipation of submittal for NESCOM approval at the
next meeting of the SA Standards Board.

The PAR and 5 Criteria is now available for your preview in preparation for
the November meeting.

HSSG draft PAR, please retrieve:
	http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/10G_study/public/sept99/802.3ae_PAR.pdf

HSSG draft 5 Criteria, please retrieve:

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/10G_study/public/sept99/802.3ae_5criter
ia.pdf

DTE Pwr via MDI draft PAR, please retrieve:

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/power_study/public/sept99/802.3af_PAR.pdf

DTE Pwr via MDI draft 5 Criteria, please retrieve:

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/power_study/public/sept99/802.3af_5crit
eria.pdf

We look forward to your support for the approval of these projects at the
Exec in November. We will provide updates to the interest numbers in the
Broad Market Potential slides at the November meeting.

Thank you for your consideration. See you in Kauai!

Geoff Thompson

|=========================================|
| Geoffrey O. Thompson                    |
| Chair IEEE 802.3                        |
| Nortel Networks, Inc.  M/S SC5-02       |
| 4401 Great America Parkway              |
| P. O. Box 58185                         |
| Santa Clara, CA 95052-8185  USA         |
| Phone: +1 408 495 1339                  |
| Fax:   +1 408 988 5525                  |
| E-Mail: gthompso@nortelnetworks.com     |
| Please see the IEEE 802.3 web page at   |
 http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/index.html