From: pcroll@csc.com [mailto:pcroll@csc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 1999 2:15 PM
To: j.issak@computer.org; j.carlo@computer.org; l.johnson@computer.org;
zimmermanpm@navair.navy.mil; schoenin@doim6.monmouth.army.mil;
Leonard.Tripp@PSS.Boeing.com; bourque.pierre@uqam.ca
Cc: s.diamond@computer.org; amkelly@compute.org; twoods@computer.org
Subject: IEEE CS STC 2000 Program Accepted !!!

The STC 2000 selection process has been completed.  Our proposed IEEE
Computer
Society-sponsored track has been accepted, as well as a tutorial by Jim
Moore on
the application of IEEE/EIA 12207, Software Life Cycle Processes, a
presentation
by Norm Schneidewind on the Next Generation of Dependability Standards, and
full-day Software Engineering Body of Knowledge (SWEBOK) workshop.

I need IMMEDIATE confirmation of your participation in our sponsored track.
The
Conference organizers require us to submit full contact information for each
of
the presenters.  They will be sending out author kits to guide you in the
preparation of your submissions.

Please provide me with the names, organizational affiliations, snail mail
and
e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of your presenters.

Each presenter will be allotted thirty (30) minutes.  We will have time for
questions at the end of the morning and afternoon sessions.  Your
presentations
should focus on the state of the practice in your area, key issues that the
attendees ought to know about, and the value (benefits) each of your
committees
provides to the practitioner community.

Conference hotel information can be found at <http://www.stc-online.org>.
You
will need to make your own hotel reservations.  We will be allocated
sufficient
free registrations, so that you will not have to pay the Conference
registration
fee.  I will provide further guidance on Conference registration when the
author
kits are sent out.

Here is the track schedule:

Thursday, May 4, 2000

Morning Session:

0800 - 0930

IEEE Computer Society -- A Software Engineering Resource,  Leonard Tripp,
President, IEEE Computer Society

IEEE Software Engineering -- Best Practices Panel, Paul Croll, Chair IEEE
Software Engineering Standards Committee, moderator

IEEE Software Engineering Standards, Paul Croll
ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7 Software Engineering Standards, James Moore, Chair ISO/IEC
JTC1/SC7 U.S. TAG

BREAK

1000 - 1130

Software Engineering Standards User?s Group, Paul Croll
Software Engineering Body of Knowledge (SWEBOK), Pierre Bourque, Project
Lead,
SWEBOK
Software Engineering Competency Recognition Program (CRP),  Basil Sherlund,
Project Lead CRP

Question and Answer

Afternoon Session

1300 - 1430

IEEE Software Engineering, Best Technologies Panel, Paul Croll, Chair IEEE
Software Engineering Standards Committee, moderator

Internet Best Practices, Jim Issak, Committee Chair
Networking - LAN/MAN, Jim Carlo, Committee Chair
Portable Operating System -- POSIX, Lowell G. Johnson, Committee Chair

BREAK

1500-1630

Higher Order Languages -- Simulation - Philomena Zimmerman, Committee Chair
Learning Technologies  -- Distance Learning, Tom Probert and Frank Farance,
Committee Chairs

Question and Answer

I look foward to working with you all to make the Computer Society track one
of
the outstanding tracks at STC 2000.

thanks,

paul

Paul R. Croll
Chair, IEEE Software Engineering Standards Committee

Computer Sciences Corporation
5166 Potomac Drive
King George, VA 22485-5824

voice:    +1 540.663.9251 ext. 224