RE: +++Ballot on 802.15 Press Release at IEEE-SA

Vic, can you propose any gentle change of wording that would not, in your
mind, insinuate that 802.11 is inferior in those regards?  I am thinking of
words such as,
"in the tradition of 802 Wireless standards, IEEE 802.15 WPAN and Bluetooth
technology will provide ..."

I would hate to see 802.15 unable to brag about their capabilities.
However, your concern of not wanting them to do it at the expense of 802.11
technology is well taken.

Best regards.

Robert D. Love
Program Manager, IBM ACS - US
Chair IEEE 802.5 Token Ring Working Group
IBM
500 Park Offices                   Phone: 919 543-2746
P. O. Box 12195 CNPA/656           Fax: 419 715-0359
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA    E-Mail: rdlove@us.ibm.com

"Hayes, Vic (Vic)" <vichayes@lucent.com>@ieee.org on 02/14/2000 05:22:14 AM

Sent by:  owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org