Re: suggested changes to 802 tutorial procedures

I concur with Roger's suggesstions and have one additional change.  The
list of valid reasons for holding a tutorial should be expanded to include
"Topics of wide interest to 802 participants".  An example of a well
attended tutorial that fell under this classification is one Geoff and I
did a number of years ago that reviewed the status of international cabling
standards.   Along with that expanded purpose should be an explicit
statement against overly commercial presentations, possibly with some basic
guidelines to dos and don'ts of tutorials.  For simplicity in getting rules
changes approved, the statement and guidelines should be a separately
prepared document on the web site, pointed to with a hyper-link from the
"tutorial request form", or appended to that form, and not an expansion of
our rules.

Best regards.

Robert D. Love
Program Manager, IBM ACS - US
Chair IEEE 802.5 Token Ring Working Group
IBM
500 Park Offices                   Phone: 919 543-2746
P. O. Box 12195 CNPA/656           Fax: 419 715-0359
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA    E-Mail: rdlove@us.ibm.com

"Roger B. Marks" <marks@boulder.nist.gov>@ieee.org on 02/29/2000 12:58:36
AM

Sent by:  owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org