+++Ballot on Purchase of Two LCD Projectors

Forwarded from Jim Carlo.  The message bounced
because majordomo complained about the A word again.

Howard
----- Begin Included Message -----

Howard Frazier -Approve
Bob Grow - Approve
Paul Nikolich - Approve
Buzz Rigsbee - Approve
Bill Lidinsky -
Geoff Thompson -
Bob Love - Approve
Chip Benson - Approve
Vic Hayes - Approve
Robert Russell - Approve
Bob Heile - Approve
Roger Marks - Approve
Jim Carlo - Chair

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SEC OFFICIAL EMAIL BALLOT     802.0/23Feb2000

Issue Date:   23Feb2000        Closing Date: 1Mar2000
Moved:	Rigsbee
Seconded:	Grow

That 802 Exec Secy. be authorized to purchase 2 more Proxima SV-1 LCD
projectors for the Albuquerque meeting (cost estimate $5800). Existing
shipping cases will work for these.

Notes from Buzz Rigsbee:
Jim,  Here's the situation for LCD projectors requirements for Tuesday,
Wednesday, and Thursday (3/7-9/00) broken out by working group:
		       Fairness	     Fairness+Size
802.1    = 1
802.3    = 4		(-2)		(-1)
802.5    = 1				(-1)
802.11  = 2
802.15  = 2
802.16  = 3	      	(-1)		(-1)
===========	            ====		====
total        = 13		 10		 10
With 2 additional projectors our shortfall is only 1 which I believe we can
accommodate by a little cooperative timesharing since not every group
needs a projector all of the time.  Therefore I am making the following
motion:

Notes from Bob Grow:
I'm all right with purchasing two more machines.  Please note though, we
have	spent all of the IPF surplus from November and currently have a reserve
of ~$40k ($11.2k of which is in Dawn's hands leaving a ~$28.8k checking
balance).  We aren't accumulating anything toward making IEEE 802 standards
freely available.  Doesn't this require exec approval?

Note that voting members of SEC are:

Howard Frazier -
Bob Grow -
Paul Nikolich -
Buzz Rigsbee -
Bill Lidinsky -
Geoff Thompson -
Bob Love -
Chip Benson -
Vic Hayes -
Robert Russell -
Bob Heile -
Roger Marks -
Jim Carlo - Chair

Jim Carlo(jcarlo@ti.com) Cellular:1-214-693-1776 Voice&Fax:1-214-853-5274
TI Fellow, Networking Standards at Texas Instruments
Chair, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 Telecom and Info Exchange Between Systems
Chair, IEEE802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee

----- End Included Message -----