RE: +++ Press News Byte - 802.15

It seems to me that if the SEC is not to be a rubber stamp organization,
then voting on the approval of a press release after editorial changes
should imply that the words in the draft are essentially correct.  This one
obviously requires a major rewrite.  That is not editorial correction.  The
electronic voting process allows us to see the changed text, have a new
vote, and still get a timely press release out.

Until I see a draft that is reasonably close to what we can feel
comfortable with , I vote NO.

Best regards.

Robert D. Love
Program Manager, IBM ACS - US
Chair IEEE 802.5 Token Ring Working Group
IBM
500 Park Offices                   Phone: 919 543-2746
P. O. Box 12195 CNPA/656           Fax: 419 715-0359
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA    E-Mail: rdlove@us.ibm.com

"Rigsbee, Everett O" <Everett.Rigsbee@PSS.Boeing.com>@ieee.org on
04/07/2000 03:52:16 PM

Sent by:  owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org