Rules change ballot; new Procedure 3 Coordination with other standards bodies
Dear SEC and 802 members,
At the July 2000 plenary the 802 Sponsor Executive Committee (SEC) agreed to initiate a rules change ballot to replace Procedure 3 in our operating rules with the following text:
"Procedure 3 PROCEDURE FOR COORDINATION WITH OTHER STANDARDS BODIES
o IEEE 802 communications
- All communications with standards bodies outside of LMSC shall be approved by the Executive Committee prior to release.
- All communications shall be sent under the signature of the LMSC Chair as the position of IEEE 802 and shall be copied to the SEC.
o Working group communications
- All communications with standards bodies outside of LMSC that are not "Information Only" shall be reviewed by the Executive Committee prior to release.
- All communications with standards bodies outside of LMSC that are "Information Only" can go directly to the standards body.
- All communications shall be sent under the signature of the Working group Chair(s) as the position of the working group(s) and shall include the LMSC Chair in the communication distribution list.
o Incoming liaison letters to Executive Committee members shall be sent, as a minimum to the LMSC Chair.
o Informal communications are encouraged but should not imply that they are a
formal position of the IEEE 802 or of the working group"
The official SEC ballot period will open on August 8, 2000 5pm EDT and close on October 6, 2000 5pm EDT.
As a member of IEEE Project 802 you are encouraged to carefully review the proposed rule changes and ask questions of, or forward any comments to me or any other representative on the LMSC SEC well before the closure of the SEC ballot. SEC members will carefully consider your comments and suggestions as part of the balloting process.
IEEE Project 802 LMSC Vice Chair