Re: Message from the IEEE Standards Association

Don, Judy, please consider this note as another way of looking at the word
endorsement.  I appreciate the fact that the IEEE does not formally endorse
the standard.  However, it certainly does endorse the process we use to
develop standards.  The IEEE SA must demand that any document purporting to
be something like a standard, that has IEEE's name associated with it in any
way, adheres to the IEEE endorsed standards development process.

I have seen companies in existence for decades go out of business with one
mis-step.  IEEE's reputation in the standards arena was built over a period
spanning decades, and could be ruined in a single stroke.  Please, for the
good of IEEE, and for the good of the industry that has come to rely on
IEEE's good name, don't let that happen!

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle