From: j.haasz@ieee.org [mailto:j.haasz@ieee.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 8:47 AM
To: engmanngr@bv.com; jcarlo@ti.com; lowell.johnson@unisys.com;
mcclunlb@ucarb.com; agodber@idt.net; r.munzner@ieee.org
Cc: jim.gurney@bchydro.bc.ca; h.l.floyd@ieee.org;
joseph_l_koepfinger@msn.com; r.pritchard@ieee.org; don.zip@ieee.org
Subject: Invitation to Participate in Revision of Model Operating
Procedures

Dear All:

The IEEE-SA Standards Board Audit Committee (AudCom) is revising its "Model
Operating Procedures for Sponsor Committees for Standards Development".
This document is a guide for Standards Sponsors in developing their
specific operating procedures as required by IEEE-SA.  To create a useful
document that meets the needs of Standards Sponsors, AudCom wishes to
involve Standards Sponsors in the revision of the Model Operating
Procedures.  We are asking for your support in forming a small ad-hoc
committee of Society liaisons (or appropriate designees) to assist with
this process.  The work would involve reviewing the current document and
submitting changes and comments to the AudCom Administrator.  The ad-hoc
committee would then discuss the changes via one or two conference calls.

Please respond to this invitation by 1 December 2000.  If you will not be
able to participate personally, we encourage you to appoint a designee.
Please reply to Jodi Haasz, AudCom Administrator, at j.haasz@ieee.org.

Your involvement in finalizing the model operating procedures is greatly
appreciated and will help to ensure that we create a useful document that
reflects the needs of IEEE standards developers.

Best regards,

J.H. (Jim) Gurney
AudCom Chair