[802SEC] Resignation as IEEE 802 Chair

After 27 years at TI, I am going to take advantage of an early retirement
package.

1) I will continue to serve as chair of IEEE 802 through the end of
November, 2001. As chair for the last five years, I wish to thank everyone
for their support. I plan to conduct elections for Chair at the November
IEEE 802 SEC meeting, and the new chair will be effective at the end of this
meeting. I will send out a separate note on requirements for chair of IEEE
802 as well as proposed election process.

2) Texas Instruments has agreed to support my continued participation in
IEEE 802 and the IEEE Standards Board (vice chair).

3) Please note my email change below. I will map this email to my personal
email address after I get the right ISP. This is more difficult than I
thought.

4) What do I plan to do?
a) Become more active in local Dallas community. I plan to remain in Dallas.
b) Focus on "Networking in the Home" at a practical level to enable this
technology which has developed over the past twenty years to be easier to
use and install.
c) Visit all my friends around the country in my RAV4.

Jim Carlo (j.carlo@ieee.org) Cellular:1-214-693-1776
Voice&Fax:1-214-853-5274
TI Fellow, Networking Standards at Texas Instruments
Vice Chair, IEEE-SA Standards Board
Chair, IEEE802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee