[802SEC] Proposed PAR: P802.16.2a

802.16 hereby notifies the 802 Executive Committee of a proposed PAR
for consideration at the 9-13 July LMSC Plenary Session. The topic is
"Amendment to Recommended Practice for Coexistence of Fixed Broadband
Wireless Access Systems" and the proposed number is P802.16.2a. The
project is proposed as an Amendment (Supplement) to IEEE 802.16.2,
which is on the RevCom agenda for approval on 13 June.

The PAR was drafted by an 802.16 Study Group that was created at the
March Plenary. The Study Group, under the chairmanship of Phil
Whitehead <mailto:pw@radiantnetworks.co.uk>, met during 802.16's
Session #13 in May. Submission of the PAR was approved at 802.16's
Closing Plenary on 18 May by a vote of 20 for, 0 against, 1 abstain.

The PAR can be found at <http://ieee802.org/16/docs/01/80216-01_27.pdf>.
The Five Criteria statement is at
<http://ieee802.org/16/docs/01/80216-01_28.pdf>.

Those of you involved in other coexistence projects should be aware
that 802.16.2a, like 802.16.2, addresses only licensed operation.
This problem is very different from coexistence in the unlicensed
bands.

We look forward to your constructive comments. I remind you that, in
accordance with the 802 Rules, written comments are due to 802.16 by
5 pm on Tuesday, 10 July. 802.16 will have until 5 pm on Wednesday,
11 July to submit a revised PAR for consideration at the Friday
Executive Committee meeting.

Regards,

Roger

--