[802SEC] motion to forward P802.16/D4-2001 for Sponsor Ballot

Jim:

In July, the 802 SEC granted "Conditional Approval" to forward
P802.16/D4-2001 to Sponsor Ballot upon completion of Confirmation
Ballot #3b. The ballot concluded yesterday. The outcome is documented
in these two reports:

*IEEE P802.16 Confirmation Ballot #3b Comment Resolution Report
IEEE 802.16-01/42 <http://ieee802.org/16/docs/01/80216-01_42.pdf>

*IEEE P802.16 Confirmation Ballot #3b Voting Report
IEEE 802.16-01/43 <http://ieee802.org/16/docs/01/80216-01_43.pdf>

In brief, the comment report includes only two comments. One was
rejected for being out of scope. The other was ruled a duplicate of
an earlier comment, with no new technical content to justify a
further recirculation.

The Voting Report indicates that we received one change of vote, from
Approve to Disapprove. It also reports the outcome: "The Working
Group Chair declares that Confirmation Ballot #3b concluded
successfully and that no recirculation is required. As as result, the
Chair declares that Working Group Letter Ballot #3 has concluded
successfully as of 3 August 2001."

Although 802.16's Letter Ballot #3 is now complete, we are not
authorized to continue to Sponsor Ballot because we have failed to
fulfill one of the stipulated conditions of approval: namely, no new
Disapprove votes.

Therefore, with Letter Ballot #3 complete but lacking authorization
to forward it for Sponsor Ballot, I must come back to the SEC for
such authorization. I would therefore like to place the following
motion before the SEC for an email ballot: "To forward
P802.16/D4-2001 for Sponsor Ballot".

I respectfully request that the email ballot close by noon Eastern
time on Friday August 10. This would give us an opportunity to launch
Sponsor Ballot on Friday afternoon and thereby have it close hours
before our September meeting begins.

Roger
--
Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:r.b.marks@ieee.org>