From: Jim Carlo [mailto:jtcarlo@worldnet.att.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 12:38 AM
To: IEEE802
Subject: [802SEC] November Meeting Notes

1) I have invited Steve Barclay (who is from ATIS/T1 Committee Management)
to attend our 802 meetings on Monday so he can observe how we use wireless
technologies at a standards meeting. Steve is planning on setting up similar
capabilities in T1. In addition, Steve will be giving a short summary of
ATIS/T1 at the Monday plenary and Monday SEC meeting. For reference, T1 is
the North American standards group that handles the Telecommunications
standards for the US telecom infrastructure.

2) IEEE Staff attending this meeting will be:
Angela Ortiz
Jennifer Longman
Sue Vogel
Edward J. Rashban (Wed/Thursday)

3) So far, only one candidate (Paul Nikolich) has been nominated for chair.
A discussed at the July meeting, nominations close at 8:30am on Monday,
12November. If there is only one candidate for election, then SEC will elect
at the Monday SEC meeting.

Jim Carlo (j.carlo@ieee.org) Cellular:1-214-693-1776
Voice&Fax:1-214-853-5274
Vice Chair, IEEE-SA Standards Board
Chair, IEEE802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee