[802SEC] Start of the rules changes procedure

Dear SEC and Working Group Chairmen,

At the last SEC meeting you charged me with the execution of 2 rules change
procedures.

As the first action, we need to distribute the proposals to our members.

Please send the following on your working group distribution list:
----------------
Beginning quote
The SEC invites comments on 2 pending rules-change proposals. Please review
the changes via the following link:
http://ieee802.org/Regulatory/Rules-Changes.htm
and submit your comments as soon as possible to the people mentioned on the
page.

Thanks
Ending quote

According to the rules, I have to:
 "shall distribute the proposed change to all persons who have attended the
current
  Plenary Session or one of the preceding two Plenary Sessions at least
sixty (60) days prior to the
  next Plenary Session and further; invite and collect comments for
presentation to the Executive
  Committee."
However, as discussed with Buzz, we do not have such a vehicle anymore (due
to the fact that we
have no hard copy mailing and the 802-all list is only for those that have
ASKED to be put on that
list).

I do hope that your distribution lists have been updated with the latest new
people already.

Thanks and regards.

Vic Hayes
Agere Systems Nederland B.V., formerly Lucent Technologies
Zadelstede 1-10
3431 JZ  Nieuwegein, the Netherlands
Phone: +31 30 609 7528 (Time Zone UTC + 1)
FAX: +31 30 609 7498
e-mail: vichayes@agere.com
http://www.orinocowireless.com/