[802SEC] Success At Last !!!

I am happy to report that after literally months of hard-nosed negotiations,
I have finally convinced MCSI to bite the bullet and ante up the $1280 to
pay for the repairs to our LCD Projector #6 (which got fried in Austin, TX)
under the extended 3rd year warranty from their predecessor EIS.  This was
very difficult for 2 reasons:

1. EIS was actually bought by Minnesota Western, which was then bought up by
MCSI, so we had a 3-company legacy situation, which would not have easy to
press in court.

2. A fried projector is usually attributed to OWNER MIS-USE rather than a
manufacturing defect, and would normally NOT be covered by any warranty.

So we are indeed fortunate to have triumphed on this one under the
circumstances.

I hope that our WG chairs take note of item #2 above and will make every
effort to ensure that all our projectors operators follow proper Power-Down
procedures in the future, and ensure that the unit is plugged in securely in
a location where it is unlikely to be interrupted by folks tripping over or
fiddling with power strips.  I recommend that we place a prominent WARNING
label on each unit to remind our operators.

The only bad news is that now that we are getting our Projector #6 back, we
will need to order 1 more ATA shipping case for LCD Projector #25 (which is
currently shipping in #6's box).  But at least that means that we will in
fact have 25 LCD projectors available for use in Vancouver so we should have
enough to go around for all our meetings.  That'll be a first !!!

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM