[802SEC] status of P802.16a

I'd like to inform the SEC of the status of P802.16a.

As you recall, the SEC in April rejected a request to send
P802.16a/D3 to Sponsor Ballot. Since then, 802.16:

*conducted a WG Letter Ballot which authorized the WG, at its interim
session, to create a new draft and begin a new WG Letter Ballot on it;

*accepted comments and resolved them to create P802.16a/D4;

*began, yesterday, a new WG Letter Ballot (through 2 July) on sending
P802.16a/D4 to Sponsor Ballot.

At the July Plenary, I expect to be asking the SEC for approval, or
at least conditional approval, to send P802.16/D5 to Sponsor Ballot.

When P802.16a/D3 was before the SEC, 802.11 expressed concern with
possible coexistence issues, and some members indicated that they
wanted to see an indication of coordination. At this time, I would
like to invite SEC members, and their WG members, to read P802.16/D4
and submit any coexistence concerns in the WG Letter Ballot. We hope
that such comments will describe the problems, and proposed remedies,
in technical detail so that we are able to address them at the July
meeting. The WG Letter Ballot announcement and instructions are
available at <http://ieee802.org/16/docs/02/80216-02_28.pdf>. Please
let me know if I can assist you in obtaining the draft; 802.11 and
802.15 members can access it with their own WG passwords.

Roger

P.S. For an update on last week's 802.16 Session #19, please see:
	http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg19/report.html