Re: [802SEC] LMSC Rules Change Distribution and Ballot

Mike-

My interpretation would be:

At the first meeting AFTER the change is fully approved
You evaluate membership by the new criteria.

I would think that "it would be reasonable" for us to come up with a
transition strategy.

E.g.
         1) Make sure that the change is announced both by e-mail and at
all Interims immediately after it is approved. This would be a "warning" to
those "voters in peril".

         2) Develop a "Voters in Peril" list and notify each on the list
that they need full attendance at the next plenary to retain their membership.

         3) Make a "one time exception" that those whose voting rights have
been revoked by the policy are converted to "voters in peril" for the next
plenary.

(My guess is that there will be very few who take us up on the one time
exception.)

All of this would be appropriate to put in as a comment.

I hope this helps.

Geoff