Re: [802SEC] Proposed Alternative to changing the rules for WG me mbership

Tony, per your comment:

> However, I think the other part of Bob's suggestion - of allowing voters
> opt out of their balloting responsibilities on a ballot-by-ballot basis,
> while maintaining their WG vote - is a bad idea. I think it is important
> maintain the principle that voting members take part in the work of the WG
> - the major thrust of which is (should be) developing standards. The
> "respond to 2 out of the last 3 ballots" rule seems to me to keep a
> reasonable balance here.

It was never my intention to drop the requirement to respond to 2 out of the
last 3 ballots.  It looks like we really are making significant progress in
converging on a set of rules that can gain widespread support.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
President, Resilient Packet Ring Alliance
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@ieee.org          Fax: 208 978-1187