Re: [802SEC] Kibis in Kauai

Howard -

Its good to know that the traditional IEEE principle of openness has been
applied to this activity...

Some observations:

- Raising a PAR in May, completing Sponsor ballot in July, and gaining
revCom approval in September of the same year is a remarkable, even
superhuman, feat - and one that can only be accomplished, IMHO, in the
absence of considered review - unless, of course, the project is entirely
content free and/or uncontentious.

_ As your slides point out, it is clear that this process has not been made
open to interested parties (such as 802) that may well have been moved to
join the balloting pool if they had been aware of this activity and its
impact, and might even (perish the thought) have chosen to pass comment on
this interesting document.

- I believe that the SB should rule that the Sponsor Ballot was invalid for
the above reasons, and that the pool should be re-formed, following
explicit notification and to all other IEEE standards activities/committees
that might be affected, and following a suitable notice period (6 months?)
for the notification to reach individuals that may feel the need to join
the pool.

Regards,
Tony