RE: [802SEC] LMSC Rules Change Distribution, TAG Rules

Hi Everyone,

At the Sunday meeting, I presented a proposed resolution to comments on the "SEC e-mail balloting" ballot.  There really was not enough time available to address the resolution.  The original text clearly had problems, so I plan to let it die.  However, a number of issues were raised concerning that text that really should be addressed.  I plan to go forward with a new Rules change intended to address the issues raised during the first ballot.  The key comments include:

1)	Need to completely replace SEC "paper" letter ballots with e-ballots
2)	Need to modify how we provide visibility into e-ballots and rule change ballots
3)	Need adjustments in text concerning initiation of ballot by 1st Vice Chair

The rationale and text for the new rules change ballot is attached.  Please provide comments this week so that I can improve it further before Friday.

Mat

Matthew Sherman
Vice Chair, IEEE 802
Technology Consultant