[802SEC] Voting rules

The statement was made during the Exec meeting today that the rules change on loss of voting rights did not seem to be resolveable. I thought there was a proposal for an alternative that seemed workable:

Base loss of voting rights on last 4 working group meetings rather than on last 4 plenary working group meetings. This results in no change for the groups that only hold working group meetings at plenaries and helps with the quorum problems of those that hold interim full working group meetings.

Also, regardless of what we do on this, we should add to the rules something like:

Voters are required to provide the Working Group chair (or other person designated by the working group) with correct contact information especially email address and phone number. Failure to provide this information is grounds for loss of voting membership.

This requirement is applied in some working groups but is not currently documented in the rules.

Regards,
Pat