From: <mjsherman@research.att.com>
To: <stds-802-sec@ieee.org>
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 10:41 AM
Subject: [802SEC] +++ SEC Rules Change Letter Ballot +++ Ballot on SEC
electronic balloting

Dear SEC members,

Attached you will find the text for an SEC rules change letter ballot on SEC
Electronic Balloting.  This letter ballot was approved at the Friday,
November 15, 2002 plenary session.  I have made some minor editorial changes
to the text originally presented (inserted dates / corrected grammar).  The
ballot relates to a prior letter ballot on the same subject but (as
explained in the letter ballot text) it is substantially changed.

The scope and purpose of the changes being balloted are as follows:

Purpose: To facilitate the SEC consensus process.

Scope:  To clarify and improve the SEC process for balloting.

The ballot opens today - January 6, 2003 and closes February 6, 2003 12 at
11:59 PM EDT. (remember if you do not vote or abstain it is equivalent to a
DISAPPROVE vote).  Buzz, please ensure this gets sent to the "802ALL" email
list as well.  WG chairs, if you haven't already done so, please invite your
WG members to comment through you.

Regards,

Mat

 <<0211SEC_SEC_e-ballot_rules_change_R2.pdf>>

Matthew Sherman
Vice Chair, IEEE 802
Technology Consultant
Communications Technology Research