FW: [802SEC] 802.16a Approved as an IEEE Standard

Dear SEC:

P802.16a/D7 hsa been approved as IEEE Standard 802.16a.

This was a long process, beginning with a Study Group created in
November 1999. Thanks to the SEC for your patience.

This project required the help of many, and the continuing attention
of 802.16a Chair Brian Kiernan and Technical Editor Nico Van Waes. I
also had a lot of hep and advice from Howard Frazier.

The original (Feb 2000) PAR targeted a RevCom submittal date of 31
March 2002. We ran seven months late but, all in all, this wasn't so
bad.

Cheers!

Roger

(See also <http://standards.ieee.org/board/rev/103early.html>)

>Roger Marks
>NIST
>325 Broadway, MC 813.00
>Boulder, CO  80305
>
>cc:   Paul Nikolich, C/LM Liaison & Negative Balloter
>          Angela Ortiz, Program Manager
>          Yvette Ho Sang, Manager IEEE Standards Publishing
>          John Barr, Negative Balloter
>          Naftali Chayat, Negative Balloter
>          Mike Geipel, Negative Balloter
>          Tal Kaitz, Negative Balloter
>          Marianna Goldhammer, Negative Balloter
>          Vladimir Yanover, Negative Balloter
>
>RE: NEW P802.16a/D7 (C/LM) Amendment to IEEE Standard for Local and
>Metropolitan Area Networks - Part 16: Air Interface for Fixed Broadband
>Wireless Access Systems - Medium Access Control Modifications and
>Additional Physical Layer Specifications for 2-11 GHz
>
>Dear Roger:
>
>I am pleased to inform you that P802.16a was approved as a new
amendment to
>standard 802.16-2001 by the IEEE-SA Standards Board on 29 January 2003.
>copy of the document will be forwarded to the Standards Publications
>Department.  The editor assigned to work on the project will contact
you.

>All IEEE standards shall be updated within five years of the date of
>publication.  If the standard is not revised, reaffirmed, or withdrawn
>within five years, the Sponsor will be notified that it will be
submitted
>to the Standards Board for administrative withdrawal.
>
>It should be noted that any negative balloters have the right to
appeal.
>Please consult the following web pages for information on this
principle:

>http://standards.ieee.org/guides/bylaws/index.html
>
>http://standards.ieee.org/guides/opman/index.html
>
>Please contact me if you have any questions prior to speaking with your
>editor.
>
>Sincerely,
****
***
>David L. Ringle
>RevCom Administrator
>IEEE Standards Activities Dept.
>
>445 Hoes Lane                                         PH: +1 732 562
3806
>PO Box 1331                                             FX: +1 732 562
1571
>Piscataway, NJ  08855-1331                 d.ringle@ieee.org
****
***