[802SEC] FW: BOUNCE stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org: Non-member submission from [r.gertz@ieee.org]

Forwarded for Rona, who is not a member of the reflector.

 -Bob

-----Original Message-----
Subject: RE: 2005 Meeting of 802 and IEEE-SASB
To: "Rigsbee, Everett O" <everett.o.rigsbee@boeing.com>
Cc: billq@attglobal.net, "Paul Nikolich (E-mail)" <p.nikolich@ieee.org>,
   "802 Exec" <stds-802-sec@ieee.org>, t.decourcelle@ieee.org,
k.rupp@ieee.org,
   j.gorman@ieee.org
From: r.gertz@ieee.org
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:08:09 -0400

Hi Buzz:

The IEEE-SA Standards Board will ultimately make the decision regarding
meeting with the 802 Plenary in March 2005.  Since our next Board
meeting
is not until June, I would suggest that 802 pick the location and their
desired week, with the assumption that the Standards Board WILL meet
with
them on the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of the 802 meetings.

If the Standards Board votes against this proposal, staff will adjust
the
IEEE-SASB meeting dates accordingly, so as not to overlap with 802.

Thank you,
Rona

                    "Rigsbee, Everett O"

                    <everett.o.rigsbee@b       To:
<r.gertz@ieee.org>
                    oeing.com>                 cc:
<billq@attglobal.net>, "Paul Nikolich (E-mail)"
"802 Exec" <stds-802-sec@ieee.org>
                    04/08/2003 04:12 PM        Subject:     RE: 2005
Meeting of 802 and IEEE-SASB

Rona,  Actually, we've been holding off making a firm commitment on
dates
and place to see if the Stds Board wants join us or not.

Our normally scheduled dates would be March 13-18, 2005 and we have
several
proposals for those dates from various large properties.  We also have a
proposal for the week of March 20-25, 2005 from the Hyatt Regency
Atlanta,
just in case the Stds Board decides they must stay with the week of
March
13-18 but are not willing/able to join our meeting on a complementary
schedule that does not overlap our meeting schedule significantly (e.g.
Fri-Sun).

We really would like to co-locate with the Stds Board if possible, but
if
this is not do-able, we need to know what options/flexibility the Stds
Board is willing to accept to avoid conflicts.  For example, would they
be
willing to meet during the week of March 20-25 so we avoid the possible
overlap ???

We are holding off making a firm commitment for March 2005 in hopes we
can
find a mutually agreeable resolution, but we need to act quickly since
large hotel deals for < 2 years out tend to be highly volatile, and we
risk
having to start over with much lesser selections.

Please let us know where you are with this process, ASAP.   :-)

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing - SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM