[802SEC] Notice of appeals

Dear SEC,

I have received written complaints from Jerry Upton, Gang Wu and Eshwar Pittampalli this week appealing the SEC's decision not confirming them as 802.20 officers at the March 2003 Plenary session.    Attempts to resolve these complaints informally have been unsuccessful, therefore the next step in the appeals process must be taken.

Pursuant to the Computer Society Standards Activities Board Policy and Procedures on appeals, I have assigned 802 Vice-Chair Geoff Thompson the task of generating a response to the appellants.  Geoff now has 30 days to respond in writing to each appellant, addressing each allegation of fact in the complaints in an attempt to resolve the complaints.

Please feel free to contact me or Geoff if you have questions regarding this matter.

Regards,

--Paul Nikolich
Chairman, IEEE LMSC