RE: [802SEC] Fw: GSC 8 Draft Resolution: Standards for Wireless Access Systems Including Radio Local Area Networks Operating in the 5GHz Range

Carl,

I agree that it is not the best band for mobile.  On the other hand, I'm
just coming back from one company contemplating using 4.5 GHz or so for
4G.  People are also talking about having a single Common Air Interface
(CAI) that works for both mobile and WLAN applications. This is what
many people are starting to define as a requirement for 4G - A unified
CAI. Suddenly I see extreme potential for overlap between 802.20 and
802.11.  Anyway, I think we have a lot to think about in this area and
should leave open the possibility that 802.20 will be interested in the
5 GHz bands or similar frequencies.

Regards,

Mat

Matthew Sherman