RE: [802SEC] Fwd: Re: Enet dinner--expense approval, motion request

I fully support buying our guest speakers dinner.  I also would feel more comfortable buying my own dinner, but would not like to see the typical check splitting exercise at the end of the meal.  Perhaps Face-to-Face could handle it all behind the scenes so that those of us that need receipts could still get one.

--Bob Grow

-----Original Message-----
From: Stevenson, Carl R (Carl) [mailto:carlstevenson@agere.com]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 10:49 AM
To: mjsherman@research.att.com; tony@jeffree.co.uk; r.b.marks@ieee.org
Cc: stds-802-sec@ieee.org
Subject: RE: [802SEC] Fwd: Re: Enet dinner--expense approval, motion
request

I will vote to approve the expenses proposed.  I would
also be willing to cover the cost of my own dinner if
the motion fails.  I do believe the following:

1) 802 should pick up the tab for (at least) our guests'
dinner.
2) As pointed out, at the Vancouver plenary last year,
802 hosted the SEC and the Stds Board members.  I saw
nothing wrong with this and I see nothing wrong with
the current proposal ... I view it as part of 802's
legitimate "business."

Carl