From: owner-stds-802-1@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-1@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of David V James
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 12:23 PM
To: Mick Seaman; 'CONGDON,PAUL (HP-Roseville,ex1)'; 'Mike Moreton';
'Geoff Thompson'
Cc: 'Tony Jeffree'; 'Johnston, Dj'; 'David Halasz';
stds-802-11@ieee.org; 'IEEE 802.1'; stds-rac@ieee.org;
stds-802-sec@ieee.org; millardo@dominetsystems.com
Subject: RE: [802.1] TGi use of OUI 00-00-00

Mick,

I appreciate your detailed rationale, but I don't understand
your position.

The best that I can tell is that Mick throught DVJ advocated an
UOI for each dot group, which DVJ did not.

DVJ simply noted that each group (802 and MSC, for example) can
own OUIs and assign EUI-48 numbers to subgroups as needed.

DVJ knows that MSC has a number to do this, DVJ believes that
802 does also.

Is Mick's position the same as DVJ's?
If not, can you summarize your position, without reference to
past email (the links are hard to follow) and decoupled the
position statement from the rationale? Until then, I'm clueless.

(This gets harder with another Dave in the loop, so I'm using
DVJ to clarify the distinction between authors).

DVJ

David V. James
3180 South Ct
Palo Alto, CA 94306